Dec 6, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
The new Arsenal deal is reportedly worth £24 million ($39.2 million).
The Times say negotiations have been taking place since October, and that he’s already informed his entire staff that he plans to stick around the Emirates for the long term.
Wenger’s deal in place expires at the end of the current season.
This news would explain Wenger’s comments of last week, when the Arsenal boss said he was “relaxed” about his contract situation and deflected further inquisition into the status of his future.
“I have been here for 17 years, and I just want to make sure that I deliver to this club what the club is expecting,” Wenger said back on November 29. “I decided that at the start of the season because we had a very difficult start, and I want to continue that and do a good job and focus on that.
“My commitment is not a problem to this club.”
Wenger has been at the helm of Arsenal since 1996, making this year his 17th with the club.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:40 AM EST
Will either Cardiff or Fulham get the three points they so desperately need?
Mar 7, 2014, 8:43 AM EST
Don’t worry, Leo fans: Messi’s reaction during Argentina’s match against Romania was perfectly normal.
Mar 7, 2014, 7:51 AM EST
Will Spurs be able to break the spell José Mourinho has cast over Stamford Bridge?
Mar 7, 2014, 7:01 AM EST
Will United really pay such a high price for young Luke Shaw?
Mar 7, 2014, 2:26 AM EST
Joe Prince-Wright and Mike Prindiville discuss this weekend’s meeting relegation-embattled Cardiff City and Fulham.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:12 AM EST
What definitely will not happen in the upcoming Major League Soccer season.
Mar 6, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Who’s hot and who’s not? It’s all change in the latest PL Power Rankings, as sides shuffle with 10 games to go:
Mar 6, 2014, 7:54 PM EST
The Supporters’ Shield winners could be without Henry, Cahill, and Olave on Saturday in Vancouver.
Mar 6, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
Atlanta will have to stumble to miss out on expansion, with Minneapolis also looking like a favorite to snare on of the league’s next franchises.
Mar 6, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
No. 1 was easy. It’s 2 through 10 that were hard.
Mar 6, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Nigeria will help the U.S. prepare for Brazil.
Mar 6, 2014, 3:18 PM EST
The Black and Red give their newest star the deal Seattle couldn’t.
Mar 6, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Can the Baggies seal an unlikely double over United? Watch live on NBCSN, Saturday, 7:45 a.m. ET:
Mar 6, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
With the 2014 season just a few days away, here is the full MLS on NBC TV schedule:
Mar 6, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Southampton’s star man shone for England once again, as many clamber for Lallana to start this summer in Brazil:
Mar 6, 2014, 1:28 PM EST
Injured and unfit to play in the Premier League, what in the world were the Cottagers thinking shelling out a club record $20 million for damaged goods during a relegation battle?
Mar 6, 2014, 12:38 PM EST
Fortunately West Brom is playing United, who have proven themselves capable of dropping the ball against the most measly of opponents.
Jurgen Klinsmann says it would’ve been “half a miracle” if U.S. clicked vs. Ukraine, USMNT missed MLS contingent
Mar 6, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
Remember one thing before analyzing the USA’s defeat to Ukraine… half of the usual squad weren’t available for selection.
Mar 6, 2014, 10:38 AM EST
Arsenal star injured on England duty, after playing on despite suffering early injury:
Mar 6, 2014, 10:27 AM EST
Horror tackle hands Vietnam international defender Tran Dinh Dong record ban:
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season