Dec 7, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Take a bow, Daniel Osvaldo.
After joining Southampton from AS Roma in the summer for a club record $22.5 million, Italian international striker Osvaldo produced a moment of sheer brilliance as the Saints made it 1-1 just before half time against Manchester City.
A long ball to the left side of the box found the lone striker and he took the ball down with three City defenders around him. A few flicks and touches saw Osvaldo expertly create himself some space and he then curled in a inch-perfect effort into the top corner to send the home fans into raptures with his second goal in as many games.
In truth it was no more than the home side deserved as they pegged City back after Sergio Aguero‘s opener. The Saints, who were playing with three teenagers in their starting lineup, were pressing to go ahead as the half time whistle blew.
Watch live on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra to see if Osvaldo can pull off another worldy or if Man City will compose themselves and go back ahead.
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0