Dec 7, 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
With both sides struggling for goals — and for wins — will either emerge victorious when Crystal Palace host Cardiff City at Selhurst Park today? (10 a.m. ET; watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra)
The appointment of Tony Pulis hasn’t helped Crystal Palace pull themselves out of the relegation zone, but to be fair, he’s been there for just two matches. And Palace did manage a home win last week, thanks to a first-half goal from Marouane Chamakh. He’s rewarded with another start, alongside Cameron Jerome. In fact, Pulis has decided to make no changes to the side that beat West Ham as his Palace press to get out of the bottom three.
Cardiff, though, has reason to change, after they played out last week’s dullest fixture, a goalless draw against Stoke. However, despite the return of Craig Bellamy from injury, he’s not included in the squad, and Malky Mackay has made just one replacement. Aron Gunnarsson drops to the bench, with Kim Bo-kyung coming on to replace the midfielder.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Ward, Gabbidon, Delaney, Moxey, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Bannan, Puncheon, Chamakh, Jerome
Subs: Price, Mariappa, O’Keefe, Williams, Kebe, Gayle, Phillips
Cardiff City: Marshall, Caulker (C), Turner, Whittingham, Medel, Campbell, Kim, Mutch, Cowie, Theophile-Catherine, John
Subs: Lewis; Connolly, Hudson, Cornelius, Odemwingie, Noone, Gunnarsson
- Premier League Title Watch: Liverpool inches closer 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester City v. West Brom 0
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1