Dec 7, 2013, 9:26 AM EST
This one will be a real test for the home side as they look to stop spiraling back down the table after three straight defeats.
After losing to Arsenal and Chelsea away from home in promising displays, it has all unraveled quickly for Mauricio Pochettino‘s side as they have multiple injury problems for the visit of high-flying Manchester City (watch live on NBCSN 10am and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) to St. Mary’s Stadium.
As for Man City, Manuel Pellegrini’s men have won three straight and sit third in the league after some impressive attacking displays of late. Will the league’s best offense give the second best defense problems on the South Coast?
Southampton make four changes to the lineup as injuries leave Pochettino’s squad thin. He starts with three teenagers against City and the likes of Calum Chambers, Dani Osvaldo, Jack Cork and Jose Fonte all come into the lineup. City make two changes as Alvaro Negredo and James Milner come in for Edin Dzeko and Jesus Navas.
Southampton: Gazzaniga, Chambers, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Cork, S. Davis, Ward-Prowse, Lallana (c), Rodriguez, Osvaldo.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 2
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire