Dec 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Stoke City welcome Chelsea to the Britannia Stadium in what will be a feisty affair between two extremely powerful sides.
The Potters are slipping dangerously towards the relegation zone and Mark Hughes knows his side must start delivering three points or they will be in a scrap to stay up for the rest of the season.
So facing Chelsea isn’t exactly ideal, as the Blue are surging towards the top of the table and currently sit in second spot. Stoke have only won one of their last 11 games in the PL and Hughes will be desperate to get a big win over his former club. Stoke are unbeaten in four at home and the home fans will make it a fortress for the visit of Chelsea.
Mourinho’s side know they must keep winning to keep the heat up on Arsenal, but Brazilian playmaker Oscar is missing once again through an injury he picked up against Southampton.
Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic; Crouch
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Schurrle; Torres
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0