Dec 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Stoke City welcome Chelsea to the Britannia Stadium in what will be a feisty affair between two extremely powerful sides.
The Potters are slipping dangerously towards the relegation zone and Mark Hughes knows his side must start delivering three points or they will be in a scrap to stay up for the rest of the season.
So facing Chelsea isn’t exactly ideal, as the Blue are surging towards the top of the table and currently sit in second spot. Stoke have only won one of their last 11 games in the PL and Hughes will be desperate to get a big win over his former club. Stoke are unbeaten in four at home and the home fans will make it a fortress for the visit of Chelsea.
Mourinho’s side know they must keep winning to keep the heat up on Arsenal, but Brazilian playmaker Oscar is missing once again through an injury he picked up against Southampton.
Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic; Crouch
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Schurrle; Torres
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 3
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0