Dec 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Stoke City welcome Chelsea to the Britannia Stadium in what will be a feisty affair between two extremely powerful sides.
The Potters are slipping dangerously towards the relegation zone and Mark Hughes knows his side must start delivering three points or they will be in a scrap to stay up for the rest of the season.
So facing Chelsea isn’t exactly ideal, as the Blue are surging towards the top of the table and currently sit in second spot. Stoke have only won one of their last 11 games in the PL and Hughes will be desperate to get a big win over his former club. Stoke are unbeaten in four at home and the home fans will make it a fortress for the visit of Chelsea.
Mourinho’s side know they must keep winning to keep the heat up on Arsenal, but Brazilian playmaker Oscar is missing once again through an injury he picked up against Southampton.
Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic; Crouch
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Schurrle; Torres
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0