Dec 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Stoke City welcome Chelsea to the Britannia Stadium in what will be a feisty affair between two extremely powerful sides.
The Potters are slipping dangerously towards the relegation zone and Mark Hughes knows his side must start delivering three points or they will be in a scrap to stay up for the rest of the season.
So facing Chelsea isn’t exactly ideal, as the Blue are surging towards the top of the table and currently sit in second spot. Stoke have only won one of their last 11 games in the PL and Hughes will be desperate to get a big win over his former club. Stoke are unbeaten in four at home and the home fans will make it a fortress for the visit of Chelsea.
Mourinho’s side know they must keep winning to keep the heat up on Arsenal, but Brazilian playmaker Oscar is missing once again through an injury he picked up against Southampton.
Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic; Crouch
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Schurrle; Torres
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 1
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2