Dec 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Stoke City welcome Chelsea to the Britannia Stadium in what will be a feisty affair between two extremely powerful sides.
The Potters are slipping dangerously towards the relegation zone and Mark Hughes knows his side must start delivering three points or they will be in a scrap to stay up for the rest of the season.
So facing Chelsea isn’t exactly ideal, as the Blue are surging towards the top of the table and currently sit in second spot. Stoke have only won one of their last 11 games in the PL and Hughes will be desperate to get a big win over his former club. Stoke are unbeaten in four at home and the home fans will make it a fortress for the visit of Chelsea.
Mourinho’s side know they must keep winning to keep the heat up on Arsenal, but Brazilian playmaker Oscar is missing once again through an injury he picked up against Southampton.
Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Muniesa; Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Adam, Arnautovic; Crouch
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Hazard, Mata, Schurrle; Torres
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0