Dec 7, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Sunderland are fighting for their lives to try and get out off the bottom of the Premier League table and will be hoping to upset Tottenham Hotspur at the Stadium of Light in the late game on Saturday.
Since Gus Poyet has arrived at the Stadium of Light, some big wins against Newcastle and Manchester City have shown that the Black Cats are up for the fight on the biggest stages.
As for Spurs, they eased the pressure on boss Andre Villas-Boas in recent weeks, with a draw against Manchester United and a win against Fulham in midweek. The Portuguese boss could see his side move within three points off second place with a win in the North East.
As for team news, Sunderland play two up front as both Jozy Altidore and Steven Fletcher are deployed up top. Spurs make a few changes as Aaron Lennon and Nacer Chadli come into the side, while Jermain Defoe starts up front in favor of Roberto Soldado.
Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Celustka, O’Shea, Brown, Ki, Colback, Larsson, Johnson, Fletcher, Altidore
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Holtby, Chadli; Defoe
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2