Dec 7, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Sunderland are fighting for their lives to try and get out off the bottom of the Premier League table and will be hoping to upset Tottenham Hotspur at the Stadium of Light in the late game on Saturday.
Since Gus Poyet has arrived at the Stadium of Light, some big wins against Newcastle and Manchester City have shown that the Black Cats are up for the fight on the biggest stages.
As for Spurs, they eased the pressure on boss Andre Villas-Boas in recent weeks, with a draw against Manchester United and a win against Fulham in midweek. The Portuguese boss could see his side move within three points off second place with a win in the North East.
As for team news, Sunderland play two up front as both Jozy Altidore and Steven Fletcher are deployed up top. Spurs make a few changes as Aaron Lennon and Nacer Chadli come into the side, while Jermain Defoe starts up front in favor of Roberto Soldado.
Sunderland: Mannone, Bardsley, Celustka, O’Shea, Brown, Ki, Colback, Larsson, Johnson, Fletcher, Altidore
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Holtby, Chadli; Defoe
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 3
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 4
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 9
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0