Dec 7, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
That’s five games without a win for West Bromwich Albion, and three straight losses have the Baggies down in 15th, just two points above the relegation zone. Norwich can be thrilled with their performance, however — at least, compared to the midweek 5-1 loss at Liverpool — and, while only in 14th, will be pleased to have given themselves some breathing room.
It was West Brom that got the first real opportunity of the match, with Chris Brunt seeing his shot blocked, but it was the Canaries that took an early lead, knocking in their first attempt. Leroy Fer slipped his pass through two Albion defenders, allowing Hooper to run on and execute a lovely finish, smashing his low shot into the bottom left corner.
The Baggies responded by applying pressure to Norwich, but despite plenty of attempts, the hosts couldn’t manage to test John Ruddy, much less put a ball in the back of his net.
Although the double substitution created greater pressure on the Canaries, West Brom still couldn’t get their shots on target, and Ruddy still had very little to do. The hosts paid for their wastefulness in the 89th minute, when Fer doubled Norwich’s lead.
The Baggies defenders stood off Fer as he made his way into the area, making it all too easy for him to get in a low shot.
West Bromwich Albion: Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Lugano, Ridgewell (Long 46), Yacob, Mulumbu, Amalfitano (Berahino 46), Sessegnon, Brunt, Anichebe (Vydra 81)
Subs: L Daniels, Dawson, Popov, Morrison
Norwich City: Ruddy; Whittaker (Martin 90), Turner, Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Johnson, Fer, Elmander (Murphy 76), Hooper (Becchio 90)
Subs: Nash, Hoolahan, Garrido, R Bennett
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 0
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 10