Dec 8, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
Fulham have picked up two goals inside the first 30 minutes as Rene Meulensteen seems to have brought a new look to the club in 19th place.
Berbatov was the one who found Kacaniklic all alone on the break, with a brilliant volleyed pass way forward. Bacuna caught up as the Swede settled, but Kacaniklic forced his body between ball and defender, and Bacuna cut him down.
It looked a soft penalty at first, but replays showed a foul was probably the right decision.
Berbatov, in his usual cheeky self, finished the penalty by calmly tucking the ball into the bottom left corner for a 2-0 lead.
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 0
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 11
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1