Dec 8, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
A massive game is coming our way today as Arsenal look to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League by as many as seven points.
They could do that with a win at the Emirates over Everton, the match coming to us at 11am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
However, they’ll have to go through Tim Howard and an in-form Toffees side that is coming off an enormous win at Old Trafford.
Arsene Wenger, amid reports abound that he’s close to securing a new three-year contract at the Emirates, has a nearly fully fit squad, with Theo Walcott back in the side and on the bench following two months out injured.
The only miss for Arsenal is left-back Bacary Sagna who is struggling with a hamstring injury.
Roberto Martinez also has a mostly fit side, with the red-hot Romelu Lukaku no surprise to continue putting in shifts up front. Leighton Baines remains out for Everton, still a good month before his return from a broken toe. Aroune Kone is also a long-term injury miss.
Arsenal – Szczesny; Jenkinson, Koscienly, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey; Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud.
Bench – Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Bendtner.
Everton – Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Oviedo; McCarthy, Barry, Pienaar; Barkly, Miralas, Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Heitinga, Deulofeu, Jelavic, Naismith, Osman, Stones.
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 0
- PST Extra: Race for the Premier League title 0
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 0
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 2
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 5