Dec 8, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
A massive game is coming our way today as Arsenal look to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League by as many as seven points.
They could do that with a win at the Emirates over Everton, the match coming to us at 11am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
However, they’ll have to go through Tim Howard and an in-form Toffees side that is coming off an enormous win at Old Trafford.
Arsene Wenger, amid reports abound that he’s close to securing a new three-year contract at the Emirates, has a nearly fully fit squad, with Theo Walcott back in the side and on the bench following two months out injured.
The only miss for Arsenal is left-back Bacary Sagna who is struggling with a hamstring injury.
Roberto Martinez also has a mostly fit side, with the red-hot Romelu Lukaku no surprise to continue putting in shifts up front. Leighton Baines remains out for Everton, still a good month before his return from a broken toe. Aroune Kone is also a long-term injury miss.
Arsenal – Szczesny; Jenkinson, Koscienly, Mertesacker, Gibbs; Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey; Ozil, Cazorla, Giroud.
Bench – Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Rosicky, Flamini, Walcott, Bendtner.
Everton – Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Oviedo; McCarthy, Barry, Pienaar; Barkly, Miralas, Lukaku.
Bench – Robles, Heitinga, Deulofeu, Jelavic, Naismith, Osman, Stones.
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 5 0
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 2
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0