Dec 9, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
On any other year, we might be talking a whole lot more about a Golden Boot winner, a guy who just submitted one of the league’s best year’s of goal scoring ever.
Vancouver’s Camilo didn’t just lead the league with 22 goals, he stepped up when his team needed it. Yes, Camilo nipped the other Golden Boot pursuers with that final-day hat trick, when his Whitecaps were already beyond the playoff possibilities. But the Brazilian forward scored goals down the stretch when his team was still in the thick of it, too.
Either way, he’s an important man around BC Place, a guy that some new manager – whoever that will be – would love to have. We can certainly question whether Martin Rennie made the best use of Camilo during his time as manager. Perhaps the Brazilian veteran, who is just 25, with plenty of good years ahead, was a bit of a ‘tweener, making a best-use doctrine a bit of a moving target.
Still, what manager wouldn’t want that problem? The guy scored 22 goals!
So let’s keep our eye on this one, as Norwegian top club Rosenborg is apparently mulling an offer for Camilo for the January transfer window. A Norwegian publication had the news over the weekend.
Camilo is under contract at BC Place, which means the Whitecaps would stand to benefit in transfer money.
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 0
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 2
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4