Dec 10, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Saying that Dimitar Berbatov has been underwhelming this season would be kind. Through 14 matches his poor form led to rumors that he wanted out of Craven Cottage but three days later, he looked a rejuvenated man helping Fulham to a 2-0 win over Aston Villa.
Whether the rumors of Berbatov’s wantaway are true or not, no one seems to know. And with Arsenal and Tottenham rumored to be waiting in the wings for the 32-year-old, Fulham’s willingness to hold onto their classiest striker will be proven come January.
Nevertheless, Berbatov’s performance this weekend was nothing short of outstanding. And for that, he’s the Premier League Player of the Week.
- Complete list of every transfer in the Premier League on Deadline Day 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 4
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3