Dec 10, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Saying that Dimitar Berbatov has been underwhelming this season would be kind. Through 14 matches his poor form led to rumors that he wanted out of Craven Cottage but three days later, he looked a rejuvenated man helping Fulham to a 2-0 win over Aston Villa.
Whether the rumors of Berbatov’s wantaway are true or not, no one seems to know. And with Arsenal and Tottenham rumored to be waiting in the wings for the 32-year-old, Fulham’s willingness to hold onto their classiest striker will be proven come January.
Nevertheless, Berbatov’s performance this weekend was nothing short of outstanding. And for that, he’s the Premier League Player of the Week.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0