Dec 10, 2013, 8:32 AM EDT
Earlier in the day Belgian website dhnet.be and Het Laatste Nieuws, U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Sacha Kljestan had been treated for skin cancer.
The report indicated that after noticing spots on his face for several weeks, Kljestan went to the doctor where he was treated for skin cancer.
The Anderlecht man attributed the spots to growing up in California where the sun shines strong throughout the year.
In a series of two recent tweets by Grant Wahl that were retweeted by Kljestan, it appears the Belgian report was mistaken and that the midfielder used “aggressive treatment to kill pre-cancerous spots on face.”
From all indications Kljestan caught the issue in time and it appears to be behind him.
We here at Pro Soccer Talk wish Sacha the very best and look forward to his continued success with Anderlecht and the USMNT.
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0
- Liverpool 0-3 Real Madrid: Reigning champions roll Reds aside with ease 0
- Setting the scene at Anfield, as Liverpool host Real Madrid in UEFA Champions League 0