Dec 10, 2013, 8:32 AM EDT
Earlier in the day Belgian website dhnet.be and Het Laatste Nieuws, U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Sacha Kljestan had been treated for skin cancer.
The report indicated that after noticing spots on his face for several weeks, Kljestan went to the doctor where he was treated for skin cancer.
The Anderlecht man attributed the spots to growing up in California where the sun shines strong throughout the year.
In a series of two recent tweets by Grant Wahl that were retweeted by Kljestan, it appears the Belgian report was mistaken and that the midfielder used “aggressive treatment to kill pre-cancerous spots on face.”
From all indications Kljestan caught the issue in time and it appears to be behind him.
We here at Pro Soccer Talk wish Sacha the very best and look forward to his continued success with Anderlecht and the USMNT.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0