Dec 10, 2013, 8:32 AM EDT
Earlier in the day Belgian website dhnet.be and Het Laatste Nieuws, U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Sacha Kljestan had been treated for skin cancer.
The report indicated that after noticing spots on his face for several weeks, Kljestan went to the doctor where he was treated for skin cancer.
The Anderlecht man attributed the spots to growing up in California where the sun shines strong throughout the year.
In a series of two recent tweets by Grant Wahl that were retweeted by Kljestan, it appears the Belgian report was mistaken and that the midfielder used “aggressive treatment to kill pre-cancerous spots on face.”
From all indications Kljestan caught the issue in time and it appears to be behind him.
We here at Pro Soccer Talk wish Sacha the very best and look forward to his continued success with Anderlecht and the USMNT.
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 34 0
- Watch Live: Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool 0
- SportsWorld: Jose Fonte talks playing with Ronaldo, shares thoughts on MLS 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Time for the underdogs to shine 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 34 0