Dec 10, 2013, 8:32 AM EST
Earlier in the day Belgian website dhnet.be and Het Laatste Nieuws, U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Sacha Kljestan had been treated for skin cancer.
The report indicated that after noticing spots on his face for several weeks, Kljestan went to the doctor where he was treated for skin cancer.
The Anderlecht man attributed the spots to growing up in California where the sun shines strong throughout the year.
In a series of two recent tweets by Grant Wahl that were retweeted by Kljestan, it appears the Belgian report was mistaken and that the midfielder used “aggressive treatment to kill pre-cancerous spots on face.”
From all indications Kljestan caught the issue in time and it appears to be behind him.
We here at Pro Soccer Talk wish Sacha the very best and look forward to his continued success with Anderlecht and the USMNT.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3