Dec 10, 2013, 8:32 AM EDT
Earlier in the day Belgian website dhnet.be and Het Laatste Nieuws, U.S. Men’s National Team midfielder Sacha Kljestan had been treated for skin cancer.
The report indicated that after noticing spots on his face for several weeks, Kljestan went to the doctor where he was treated for skin cancer.
The Anderlecht man attributed the spots to growing up in California where the sun shines strong throughout the year.
In a series of two recent tweets by Grant Wahl that were retweeted by Kljestan, it appears the Belgian report was mistaken and that the midfielder used “aggressive treatment to kill pre-cancerous spots on face.”
From all indications Kljestan caught the issue in time and it appears to be behind him.
We here at Pro Soccer Talk wish Sacha the very best and look forward to his continued success with Anderlecht and the USMNT.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 35
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 6