Dec 11, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
A story out of Vancouver says the Whitecaps have “fallen short” in their efforts to land former United States national team boss Bob Bradley. There’s a lot of wiggle room there; we don’t know if Bradley ever seriously considered public overtures from the Major League Soccer club.
Those close to Bradley always said he wanted to remain in the international game, having just left his position with Egypt (which was landed not long after he left the United States job in the summer of 2011).
Short of that, Bradley always seemed more likely to pursue opportunities in Europe rather than making a move back into MLS. Not that Bradley has anything against MLS, presumably, but it would represent a bit of backward career move.
Bradley, 55, has already checked that box, with little left to accomplish in out country’s highest tier. He was highly successful previously with the Chicago Fire and as successful as any manager could realistically expect to be with Chivas USA.
The story in The Province (linked above) says Bradley, 55, continues to be “linked to Norwegian Premier League club Stabaek … as first reported by Norwegian TV2.”
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes