Dec 11, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Mere hours after announcing the end of his playing career, Matt Reis is headed across the country to where he was born and raised, becoming goalkeeper coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Reis was born and raised about an hour’s drive away from L.A. in Mission Viejo, Calif., and played his college soccer at UCLA before becoming a third-round draft pick of the Galaxy in 1998.
You know, pre-clean dome Reis (see photo)?
“We are pleased to have Matt join our staff and coach the club’s goalkeepers,” said LA Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena. “Matt’s experience as a player and knowledge of MLS will serve him well in his new role.”
Reis is also going to oversee the Galaxy Academy’s goalkeepers.
Suffice it to say it’s a fairly monumental day for the Reis family.
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 4
- Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein withdraws from second vote; Cocky Blatter speaks in power, references “offshore” future 33
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 5
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 6