Dec 11, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long.
Mere hours after announcing the end of his playing career, Matt Reis is headed across the country to where he was born and raised, becoming goalkeeper coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Reis was born and raised about an hour’s drive away from L.A. in Mission Viejo, Calif., and played his college soccer at UCLA before becoming a third-round draft pick of the Galaxy in 1998.
You know, pre-clean dome Reis (see photo)?
“We are pleased to have Matt join our staff and coach the club’s goalkeepers,” said LA Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena. “Matt’s experience as a player and knowledge of MLS will serve him well in his new role.”
Reis is also going to oversee the Galaxy Academy’s goalkeepers.
Suffice it to say it’s a fairly monumental day for the Reis family.
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0
- Wolfsburg say Kevin de Bruyne not heading to Manchester City “at this point” 9
- 2015-16 Premier League Power Rankings, Vol. I: Taking very early stock with Man City on top 8