Dec 13, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
A busy day of Major League Soccer movement continues, as the Seattle Sounders have once again put Scottish midfielder Adam Moffat on the move.
The 27-year-old veteran was sent back to Texas, this time to FC Dallas for the rights to negotiate a contract with Kenny Cooper.
It’s the second time Moffat has been traded in the last four months, with Seattle acquiring him from Houston in September for Servando Carrasco and a SuperDraft pick.
Seattle continues to revamp their squad, with their fourth trade this week molding and shaping the look of the team.
Just recently, the Sounders added defender Chad Marshall from Columbus, sent Maurio Rosales to Chivas for Tristan Bowen, and picked up goalkeeper Stefan Frei.
They may not be done either, with the future of Eddie Johnson in the balance thanks to Cooper’s arrival.
Dallas certainly will appreciate the addition of Moffat’s veteran presence in the midfield, but they were forced to give up a pure goal scorer, leaving Blas Perez all alone for the moment as their major goalscoring threat.
Cooper, coming off an 18-goal season in 2012 in New York, struggled for much of last season with FC Dallas. He bagged just six goals in 31 appearances and was relegated to substitute duties for much of the second half of the year.
The 29-year-old striker will still need to work out a contract with Seattle. He made $342,000 last year in Dallas.
It’s been known for a bit that Cooper’s days with Dallas were numbered when he couldn’t come to terms on a new contract with Dallas. However, with his removal yesterday from the re-entry draft just hours before it began, it appeared something was on the cards.
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0