Dec 13, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
A busy day of Major League Soccer movement continues, as the Seattle Sounders have once again put Scottish midfielder Adam Moffat on the move.
The 27-year-old veteran was sent back to Texas, this time to FC Dallas for the rights to negotiate a contract with Kenny Cooper.
It’s the second time Moffat has been traded in the last four months, with Seattle acquiring him from Houston in September for Servando Carrasco and a SuperDraft pick.
Seattle continues to revamp their squad, with their fourth trade this week molding and shaping the look of the team.
Just recently, the Sounders added defender Chad Marshall from Columbus, sent Maurio Rosales to Chivas for Tristan Bowen, and picked up goalkeeper Stefan Frei.
They may not be done either, with the future of Eddie Johnson in the balance thanks to Cooper’s arrival.
Dallas certainly will appreciate the addition of Moffat’s veteran presence in the midfield, but they were forced to give up a pure goal scorer, leaving Blas Perez all alone for the moment as their major goalscoring threat.
Cooper, coming off an 18-goal season in 2012 in New York, struggled for much of last season with FC Dallas. He bagged just six goals in 31 appearances and was relegated to substitute duties for much of the second half of the year.
The 29-year-old striker will still need to work out a contract with Seattle. He made $342,000 last year in Dallas.
It’s been known for a bit that Cooper’s days with Dallas were numbered when he couldn’t come to terms on a new contract with Dallas. However, with his removal yesterday from the re-entry draft just hours before it began, it appeared something was on the cards.
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2