Dec 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
In a very US and Mexico favored final standings, Howard collected Goalkeeper of the Year, Klinsmann Manager of the Year, and Morgan Female Player of the Year.
A host of other United States players were on the lists. Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey finished second and third respectively in the Male Player of the Year category behind Mexico’s Oribe Peralta.
Abby Wambach also finished just barely behind Morgan in the Female POY category.
The final voting was built on one-third each of coach/captain votes, media votes, and fan votes. CONCACAF said they received over 60,000 fan votes.
CONCACAF, in its first year handing out the awards, said the awards are “designed to honor the year’s outstanding performers and achievements in confederation-sanctioned competitions involving national teams at all levels and age categories, including FIFA World Cup qualifying for both genders.”
- Van Gaal has interest in Ronaldo, doesn’t think Real Madrid will sell 1
- Americans Abroad preview: Guzan looks to keep Villa rolling 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 5 1
- Euro 2020 semis, final to be played at Wembley Stadium 1
- Sloppy USWNT 4-0 win over Mexico adds fuel to turf conversation fire 0
- MLS’s new logo: Reddit (yes, Reddit) may have a way to solve the league’s new problem 14