Dec 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
In a very US and Mexico favored final standings, Howard collected Goalkeeper of the Year, Klinsmann Manager of the Year, and Morgan Female Player of the Year.
A host of other United States players were on the lists. Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey finished second and third respectively in the Male Player of the Year category behind Mexico’s Oribe Peralta.
Abby Wambach also finished just barely behind Morgan in the Female POY category.
The final voting was built on one-third each of coach/captain votes, media votes, and fan votes. CONCACAF said they received over 60,000 fan votes.
CONCACAF, in its first year handing out the awards, said the awards are “designed to honor the year’s outstanding performers and achievements in confederation-sanctioned competitions involving national teams at all levels and age categories, including FIFA World Cup qualifying for both genders.”
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3