Dec 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
In a very US and Mexico favored final standings, Howard collected Goalkeeper of the Year, Klinsmann Manager of the Year, and Morgan Female Player of the Year.
A host of other United States players were on the lists. Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey finished second and third respectively in the Male Player of the Year category behind Mexico’s Oribe Peralta.
Abby Wambach also finished just barely behind Morgan in the Female POY category.
The final voting was built on one-third each of coach/captain votes, media votes, and fan votes. CONCACAF said they received over 60,000 fan votes.
CONCACAF, in its first year handing out the awards, said the awards are “designed to honor the year’s outstanding performers and achievements in confederation-sanctioned competitions involving national teams at all levels and age categories, including FIFA World Cup qualifying for both genders.”
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1