Dec 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
In a very US and Mexico favored final standings, Howard collected Goalkeeper of the Year, Klinsmann Manager of the Year, and Morgan Female Player of the Year.
A host of other United States players were on the lists. Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey finished second and third respectively in the Male Player of the Year category behind Mexico’s Oribe Peralta.
Abby Wambach also finished just barely behind Morgan in the Female POY category.
The final voting was built on one-third each of coach/captain votes, media votes, and fan votes. CONCACAF said they received over 60,000 fan votes.
CONCACAF, in its first year handing out the awards, said the awards are “designed to honor the year’s outstanding performers and achievements in confederation-sanctioned competitions involving national teams at all levels and age categories, including FIFA World Cup qualifying for both genders.”
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 0
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 0
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 22
- VIDEO: Lloyd seals amazing 16 minute hat trick with wonder goal from halfway 2
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0