Dec 13, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
In a very US and Mexico favored final standings, Howard collected Goalkeeper of the Year, Klinsmann Manager of the Year, and Morgan Female Player of the Year.
A host of other United States players were on the lists. Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey finished second and third respectively in the Male Player of the Year category behind Mexico’s Oribe Peralta.
Abby Wambach also finished just barely behind Morgan in the Female POY category.
The final voting was built on one-third each of coach/captain votes, media votes, and fan votes. CONCACAF said they received over 60,000 fan votes.
CONCACAF, in its first year handing out the awards, said the awards are “designed to honor the year’s outstanding performers and achievements in confederation-sanctioned competitions involving national teams at all levels and age categories, including FIFA World Cup qualifying for both genders.”
- Americans Abroad Preview: Yank vs. Yank match-ups in England and Mexico 0
- Is it that nuts to buy into Jamaica using Usain Bolt in 2018 World Cup qualifying? The coach is interested… 3
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 30 2
- Steven Caldwell: “Sky’s the limit” for Toronto FC’s sensational rebuild 2
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester City 0
- Van Persie is ‘very happy’ at Manchester United, would ‘be delighted’ to extend his contract 0
- Marcelo Bielsa Close To Rayados?
- Seitz Has Benefited From Push by Sanchez
- West Brom Deny Anelka Claims
- Liga MX Week 11 Must Watch / Rather Miss
- Tijuana Xolos Fans' Bus Gets Attacked
- Suarez, Sturridge Lead Liverpool Assault on Man United Back-line
- D'Alessandro Named Best Foreign Player in Brazil
- RSL Looks to Snap Quakes' Home Streak
- Toronto FC not Taking any Chances With Gilberto in Seattle
- Arsenal Set to Storm Tottenham Bastion