Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
But Seamus Coleman cleaned up a mess in the 70th minute at the other end to restore the home lead at Goodison.
The midfielder’s cross spilled through a diving Maarten Stekelenburg‘s hands, and Coleman found himself with an empty net and an easy finish for the 2-1 lead.
The misery continues for Fulham, as they are still searching for their first win ever at Goodison Park in any competition, having only picked up four points in visits to the Merseyside ground in 25 league games.
For a bit it appeared they may grab something from the match, with Dimitar Berbatov having finished his second penalty in as many weeks after Alex Kacaniklic drew a foul on the edge of the box.
The visitors still have 15 minutes to search for an equalizer, live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 1
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3