Dec 14, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
Manchester City started off in fine-fashion at the Etihad on Saturday and it didn’t take them long to go ahead against league leaders Arsenal.
An end-to-end start saw City force the issue and they were rewarded for their enterprising start when Sergio Aguero bagged his latest goal, as the striker’s sensational form continues.
Aguero gave City the lead as he acrobatically finished at the back post after a flick on from Martin Demechelis after a corner kick was swung in. Aguero peeled off away from his marker and volleyed home in style to give City a 1-0 lead after 13 minutes as the Citizens’ bright-start was rewarded.
The goal marked the Argentine’s 15th goal in his last 14, and his 19th goal in 20 games this season.
Can Arsenal fight back? Will the Citizens extend their lead? Watch it all live on NBCSN.
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 0
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 2
- Norwich City 2-3 Liverpool: Sterling, Reds with one hand on the title 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Liverpool’s chance to tighten its grip; Fourth place in focus 0
- MLS Roundup: Sporting climbs to first in East; RSL stays undefeated 0