Dec 14, 2013, 8:12 AM EST
Manchester City started off in fine-fashion at the Etihad on Saturday and it didn’t take them long to go ahead against league leaders Arsenal.
An end-to-end start saw City force the issue and they were rewarded for their enterprising start when Sergio Aguero bagged his latest goal, as the striker’s sensational form continues.
Aguero gave City the lead as he acrobatically finished at the back post after a flick on from Martin Demechelis after a corner kick was swung in. Aguero peeled off away from his marker and volleyed home in style to give City a 1-0 lead after 13 minutes as the Citizens’ bright-start was rewarded.
The goal marked the Argentine’s 15th goal in his last 14, and his 19th goal in 20 games this season.
Can Arsenal fight back? Will the Citizens extend their lead? Watch it all live on NBCSN.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire