Dec 14, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
What a cracker we have for you in the early game on Saturday, as Manchester City host league leaders Arsenal (watch live on NBCSN, 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) at the fortress that is the Etihad Stadium.
With seven wins from seven and 29 goals scored so far in the league at home, City have conceded just twice at the Eithad and are looking to move within three points of Arsenal with a marquee win.
A huge midweek comeback away at Bayern Munich, as City won 3-2 after being 2-0 down, will give Manuel Pellegrini’s men plenty of confidence heading into a big test against Arsenal.
As for the Gunners, they haven’t had the best week as they drew with Everton at home, then scraped through in the Champions League as they lost away to Napoli. But expect the North London side to be fired up for this one.
Man City make two changes to the side that drew 1-1 away at Southampton last time out, David Silva comes in for James Milner while Gael Clichy replace Aleksandar Kolarov at left back. Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo continue up top together and Costel Pantilimon continues in goal over Joe Hart.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 0
- PST Extra: Race for the Premier League title 0
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 0
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 2
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 5