Dec 14, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
It was an enthralling and entertaining game throughout at St. James Park on Saturday, as Newcastle drew 1-1 with Southampton.
But a crazy ending to the game saw the benches clear and an almighty scuffle take place between the coaching staff and players of both teams that the officiating staff had to step in to calm down. Some extra spice was definitely in the dugouts for this game as Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was fired by Saints three years ago when they were in League One and he’s been outspoken this week about feeling ‘hard done by’ for losing his job.
Seeing this huge brawl, you could be forgiven for thinking you were watching a baseball game!
Anyway, amongst all that the incident which preceded the brawl saw poor referee Mike Jones receiving treatment for a suspected broken nose as he was accidentally hit in the face by Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko who was pushed by Saints ‘keeper Paolo Gazzaniga.
This game had it all, so make sure you watch the video above to see the huge scuffle that broke out in second half stoppage time.
- WATCH: All the goals, highlights from Saturday in the Premier League 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 6
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans (video) 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League (video) 1