Dec 14, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
It was an enthralling and entertaining game throughout at St. James Park on Saturday, as Newcastle drew 1-1 with Southampton.
But a crazy ending to the game saw the benches clear and an almighty scuffle take place between the coaching staff and players of both teams that the officiating staff had to step in to calm down. Some extra spice was definitely in the dugouts for this game as Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was fired by Saints three years ago when they were in League One and he’s been outspoken this week about feeling ‘hard done by’ for losing his job.
Seeing this huge brawl, you could be forgiven for thinking you were watching a baseball game!
Anyway, amongst all that the incident which preceded the brawl saw poor referee Mike Jones receiving treatment for a suspected broken nose as he was accidentally hit in the face by Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko who was pushed by Saints ‘keeper Paolo Gazzaniga.
This game had it all, so make sure you watch the video above to see the huge scuffle that broke out in second half stoppage time.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1