Dec 15, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Manchester United hadn’t started well at Villa Park against Aston Villa on Sunday, then, wham, wham… they were 2-0 up.
Two goals in the space of three first half minutes from Danny Welbeck, his first Premier league goals since the opening day of the season, has the reigning champions cruising as they stormed into an early lead in Birmingham.
Despite all of Villa’s early dominance, it was the away side who went ahead as Welbeck pounced to finish from close range after Adnan Januzaj‘s brilliant header had rebounded off the post in the 15th minute. The ball fell invitingly to Welbeck and the England international prodded home from inside the six-yard box to give the visitors the lead.
Then just three minutes later Welbeck grabbed his and United’s second with another finish from close range following Antonio Valencia‘s delicious right-wing cross.
David Moyes‘ men were pushing forward with real verve and confidence, is this the turning point?
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 1
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3