Dec 15, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
Manchester United hadn’t started well at Villa Park against Aston Villa on Sunday, then, wham, wham… they were 2-0 up.
Two goals in the space of three first half minutes from Danny Welbeck, his first Premier league goals since the opening day of the season, has the reigning champions cruising as they stormed into an early lead in Birmingham.
Despite all of Villa’s early dominance, it was the away side who went ahead as Welbeck pounced to finish from close range after Adnan Januzaj‘s brilliant header had rebounded off the post in the 15th minute. The ball fell invitingly to Welbeck and the England international prodded home from inside the six-yard box to give the visitors the lead.
Then just three minutes later Welbeck grabbed his and United’s second with another finish from close range following Antonio Valencia‘s delicious right-wing cross.
David Moyes‘ men were pushing forward with real verve and confidence, is this the turning point?
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 1
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls