Dec 15, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Liverpool took a while to get their footing, but once they did, they broke down Tottenham’s out-of-form defense relatively quickly.
That man Luis Suarez did it again, bagging his 16th goal of the season in just his 11th game.
Suarez looked to slide through Jordan Henderson in the box, but it was cut out by a defender. Henderson worked hard to get the ball back, and he found Suarez trailing the play.
The Uruguayan dribbled past a defender in the box, and did the rest to put the ball by Hugo Lloris.
The goal put the visitors ahead in the 18th minute, and puts them on track to go above Chelsea into second in the Premier League table.
It’s been more of the same from Tottenham, with a lot of passing in the final third but nothing in front of goal. They have pressed Liverpool’s left-flank as their main point of attack.
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1