Dec 15, 2013, 11:25 AM EDT
Liverpool took a while to get their footing, but once they did, they broke down Tottenham’s out-of-form defense relatively quickly.
That man Luis Suarez did it again, bagging his 16th goal of the season in just his 11th game.
Suarez looked to slide through Jordan Henderson in the box, but it was cut out by a defender. Henderson worked hard to get the ball back, and he found Suarez trailing the play.
The Uruguayan dribbled past a defender in the box, and did the rest to put the ball by Hugo Lloris.
The goal put the visitors ahead in the 18th minute, and puts them on track to go above Chelsea into second in the Premier League table.
It’s been more of the same from Tottenham, with a lot of passing in the final third but nothing in front of goal. They have pressed Liverpool’s left-flank as their main point of attack.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2