Dec 15, 2013, 11:25 AM EST
Liverpool took a while to get their footing, but once they did, they broke down Tottenham’s out-of-form defense relatively quickly.
That man Luis Suarez did it again, bagging his 16th goal of the season in just his 11th game.
Suarez looked to slide through Jordan Henderson in the box, but it was cut out by a defender. Henderson worked hard to get the ball back, and he found Suarez trailing the play.
The Uruguayan dribbled past a defender in the box, and did the rest to put the ball by Hugo Lloris.
The goal put the visitors ahead in the 18th minute, and puts them on track to go above Chelsea into second in the Premier League table.
It’s been more of the same from Tottenham, with a lot of passing in the final third but nothing in front of goal. They have pressed Liverpool’s left-flank as their main point of attack.
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 3
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire