Dec 15, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT
They’ll face an Aston Villa side struggling to score goals, having been clean-sheeted five times in their last eight matches, and striker Christian Benteke goalless in nine straight league games.
Still, they remain in a solid 11th position in the table, and United will need to play their best to win on the road and shake the demons.
They’ll also be without striker Robin van Persie, who was ruled out for at least a month as his groin injury continues to hamper him this season.
Aston Villa – Guzan; Lowton, Clark, Baker, Luna; Westwood, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Albrighton; Agbonlahor, Benteke.
Bench – Steer, Bacuna, Weimann, Bowery, Gardner, Tonev, Kozak.
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 0
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2