Dec 15, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT
They’ll face an Aston Villa side struggling to score goals, having been clean-sheeted five times in their last eight matches, and striker Christian Benteke goalless in nine straight league games.
Still, they remain in a solid 11th position in the table, and United will need to play their best to win on the road and shake the demons.
They’ll also be without striker Robin van Persie, who was ruled out for at least a month as his groin injury continues to hamper him this season.
Aston Villa – Guzan; Lowton, Clark, Baker, Luna; Westwood, El Ahmadi, Sylla, Albrighton; Agbonlahor, Benteke.
Bench – Steer, Bacuna, Weimann, Bowery, Gardner, Tonev, Kozak.
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 0
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 1
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 3
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 3