Dec 15, 2013, 7:58 AM EDT
Swansea are slowly beginning to climb back up the table to where they feel they belong – into the top half.
They’ll take on hot-and-cold Norwich at 8:30am ET from Carrow Road, live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Four points in their last two games has seen them climb to 10th in the table. With Michu also having returned from a lengthy injury spell last week, things are looking up for the Swans.
Goalkeeper Michel Vorm has returned after missing last week and announcing he will need knee surgery in January – something he’d hoped to postpone until after the World Cup.
Finally, Angel Rangel also returns from a calf injury that forced him out the last three games.
It’s the opposite for Norwich, who are seriously struggling with a number of injuries.
Striker Ricky van Wolfwinkel was thought to possibly return today from a toe injury, but he still hasn’t made the squad, although Gary Hooper has done well in his absence. Also out are Anthony Pilkington, Robert Snodgrass, Elliott Bennett, and Alexander Tettey.
Norwich - Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Johnson, Fer, Elmander; Hooper.
Bench – Nash, Martin, Hoolahan, Garrido, Becchio, R Bennett, Josh Murphy.
Swanwea – Vorm; Rangel, Amat, Williams, Davies; Canas, Shelvey, de Guzman, Hernandez, Dyer; Michu.
Bench – Tremmel, Taylor, Tiendalli, Lamah, Routledge, Pozuelo, Bony.
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad