Dec 16, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
With the caveat that he never says never, Landon Donovan told MLS and LA Galaxy Insider during a town hall meeting that he would not be going out on loan ahead of his 2014 spins with Los Angeles and, of course, the United States men’s national team.
Donovan had been linked to Everton as well as a move to Mexico’s Liga MX, but he said he would not be playing for a team south of the border.
The 31-year-old midfielder made 35 combined appearances for club and country this year, scoring 19 goals and adding 15 assists.
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0
- Report: Aston Villa ownership will change hands if club stays up 4
- Tim Howard inks Everton extension, signs through 2017-18 season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 1