Dec 16, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
No matter what you think of college soccer and its larger role in the player development here, the game surely has its place. Given that, how nice is it that the NCAA deciders have all these great facilities from which to choose for the final four events?
These things won’t necessarily always land at MLS grounds, there are other facilities perfectly capable of hosting these events, the NCAA men’s and women’s college finals. But having the option of selecting places like Philadelphia’s PPL Park (pictured), which just hosted last weekend’s men’s NCAA finals, is a good thing, right?
Future College Cups were just awarded, and there is plenty of MLS stadium love to spread about.
Future men’s or women’s College Cups will go to the homes of the Sporting Kansas City, Houston Dynamo and Philadelphia Union (again). Oh, and to the future home of Major League Soccer’s newest team (one yet to kick a ball in MLS), Orlando City SC.
Here is the list, which was just announced:
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3