Dec 16, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
No matter what you think of college soccer and its larger role in the player development here, the game surely has its place. Given that, how nice is it that the NCAA deciders have all these great facilities from which to choose for the final four events?
These things won’t necessarily always land at MLS grounds, there are other facilities perfectly capable of hosting these events, the NCAA men’s and women’s college finals. But having the option of selecting places like Philadelphia’s PPL Park (pictured), which just hosted last weekend’s men’s NCAA finals, is a good thing, right?
Future College Cups were just awarded, and there is plenty of MLS stadium love to spread about.
Future men’s or women’s College Cups will go to the homes of the Sporting Kansas City, Houston Dynamo and Philadelphia Union (again). Oh, and to the future home of Major League Soccer’s newest team (one yet to kick a ball in MLS), Orlando City SC.
Here is the list, which was just announced:
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3