Dec 16, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
No matter what you think of college soccer and its larger role in the player development here, the game surely has its place. Given that, how nice is it that the NCAA deciders have all these great facilities from which to choose for the final four events?
These things won’t necessarily always land at MLS grounds, there are other facilities perfectly capable of hosting these events, the NCAA men’s and women’s college finals. But having the option of selecting places like Philadelphia’s PPL Park (pictured), which just hosted last weekend’s men’s NCAA finals, is a good thing, right?
Future College Cups were just awarded, and there is plenty of MLS stadium love to spread about.
Future men’s or women’s College Cups will go to the homes of the Sporting Kansas City, Houston Dynamo and Philadelphia Union (again). Oh, and to the future home of Major League Soccer’s newest team (one yet to kick a ball in MLS), Orlando City SC.
Here is the list, which was just announced:
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 0
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1