Dec 17, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Mike Tyson talks soccer, the world listens.
And while appearing on The Clare Balding Show this week, Iron Mike took a seemingly inadvertently swipe at Manchester City claiming:
“I’ve been in Manchester for long periods of time and I’ve never heard of Manchester City. . . . This is my first time ever hearing of Manchester City.”
It’s a comment that will make United fans smile and City supporters cringe, even if it was said in an innocent and light-hearted manner.
Fellow boxer Ricky Hatton came to Tyson’s defense, admitting that Tyson has “only just come good” before noting that he’s always received great support from both United and City fans.
Hatton then went on to make an even more outlandish statement than Tyson, noting that “in many ways I would like to think that I brought Manchester football fans together, to be honest with you.”
Ok Ricky, let’s not get carried away, son.
All in good fun.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 5
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers