Dec 17, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Mike Tyson talks soccer, the world listens.
And while appearing on The Clare Balding Show this week, Iron Mike took a seemingly inadvertently swipe at Manchester City claiming:
“I’ve been in Manchester for long periods of time and I’ve never heard of Manchester City. . . . This is my first time ever hearing of Manchester City.”
It’s a comment that will make United fans smile and City supporters cringe, even if it was said in an innocent and light-hearted manner.
Fellow boxer Ricky Hatton came to Tyson’s defense, admitting that Tyson has “only just come good” before noting that he’s always received great support from both United and City fans.
Hatton then went on to make an even more outlandish statement than Tyson, noting that “in many ways I would like to think that I brought Manchester football fans together, to be honest with you.”
Ok Ricky, let’s not get carried away, son.
All in good fun.
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 5
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win 4
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League 0