Dec 17, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
At this point, the big surprise would be if Clint Dempsey did not go on loan in January.
This seems to be dragging, reasons unknown.
But comes today further confirmation that the United States international will soon find himself abroad on a two-month loan; Fulham has emerged as the most likely destination, assuming Dempsey can find his way back to his old Craven Cottage stomping grounds without that crazy Michael Jackson statue as an identifying landmark.
Seattle Sounders GM Adrian Hanauer spoke to media today via conference call, chatting up the chattering class on topics ranging from Eddie Johnson to salary cap management and, of course, Dempsey.
What Hanauer said on the league’s highest paid-man:
And Clint did have something in his contract that would allow him to go on loan for the first couple of months here. Obviously the rumors are pretty rampant, and I think it’s likely, but until it’s done, we won’t report it as done. But I do think it’s likely.”
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 0
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 5
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo