Dec 17, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
At this point, the big surprise would be if Clint Dempsey did not go on loan in January.
This seems to be dragging, reasons unknown.
But comes today further confirmation that the United States international will soon find himself abroad on a two-month loan; Fulham has emerged as the most likely destination, assuming Dempsey can find his way back to his old Craven Cottage stomping grounds without that crazy Michael Jackson statue as an identifying landmark.
Seattle Sounders GM Adrian Hanauer spoke to media today via conference call, chatting up the chattering class on topics ranging from Eddie Johnson to salary cap management and, of course, Dempsey.
What Hanauer said on the league’s highest paid-man:
And Clint did have something in his contract that would allow him to go on loan for the first couple of months here. Obviously the rumors are pretty rampant, and I think it’s likely, but until it’s done, we won’t report it as done. But I do think it’s likely.”
- WATCH: All the goals, highlights from Saturday in the Premier League 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 6
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans (video) 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League (video) 1