Dec 20, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
The Citizens take on 19th-place Fulham at Craven Cottage on NBCSN at 10am ET or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Hart’s poor start to the season led to his benching November 2nd and hasn’t featured since.
The 26-year-old England international has only seen time in two Champions League matches during that span, including in a 3-2 win over Bayern Munich.
The move would certainly represent a risk by manager Manuel Pellegrini, with Costel Pantilimon deputizing strongly and the squad currently on a five-match unbeaten streak, including four wins.
During that stretch, City torched London foes Tottenham and Arsenal by huge scorelines.
Despite the report, it’s no guarantee he will see time. Last week before City’s drubbing of Arsenal, The Mirror reported Hart would start. He only saw the bench.
With the change, Pellegrini risks upsetting the clicking chemistry of the current squad, something which managers often shy away from during positive stretches.
However, the City defense has also been exposed recently, with Pantilimon and company conceding six goals in their last three matches.
But much of the blame has no question been due to injuries and missteps in the defensive unit. The Romanian has hardly put a foot wrong since being called upon to replace Hart.
The Manchester City attack has carried the squad, scoring 19 goals over their last five games.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0