Dec 20, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
According to talkSport, Arsenal will be one of six potential clubs vying for the signature of AC Milan forward M’Baye Niang.
The 19-year-old French starlet has appeared in just eight Serie A matches this season for the Rossoneri, starting just one.
The report singles out Serie A’s Parma, Genoa, and Sampdoria along with French duo Montpellier and Marseille as the Gunners’ main competition this winter.
His current contract at the San Siro runs through June of 2017.
Niang will no doubt struggle to get any playing time with Milan in the near future due to the return of Stephen El Shaarawy from injury and the impending arrival of Keisuke Honda.
He would, however, prove valuable cover at the thin striker and wing positions at Arsenal.
According to the talkSport report, Niang has a history in England, having been given a trial at Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham before he settled on signing professionally with AC Milan.
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 0
- Premier League Grades: How did each team fare in 2014-15? 5
- Premier League Playback: Looking back at a memorable 2014-15 season 0
- Didier Drogba open to Major League Soccer move after leaving Chelsea 9
- Real Madrid president asked what’s wrong with Carlo Ancelotti: “I don’t know” 2
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 7