Dec 20, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
According to talkSport, Arsenal will be one of six potential clubs vying for the signature of AC Milan forward M’Baye Niang.
The 19-year-old French starlet has appeared in just eight Serie A matches this season for the Rossoneri, starting just one.
The report singles out Serie A’s Parma, Genoa, and Sampdoria along with French duo Montpellier and Marseille as the Gunners’ main competition this winter.
His current contract at the San Siro runs through June of 2017.
Niang will no doubt struggle to get any playing time with Milan in the near future due to the return of Stephen El Shaarawy from injury and the impending arrival of Keisuke Honda.
He would, however, prove valuable cover at the thin striker and wing positions at Arsenal.
According to the talkSport report, Niang has a history in England, having been given a trial at Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham before he settled on signing professionally with AC Milan.
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 3
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs