Dec 20, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
According to talkSport, Arsenal will be one of six potential clubs vying for the signature of AC Milan forward M’Baye Niang.
The 19-year-old French starlet has appeared in just eight Serie A matches this season for the Rossoneri, starting just one.
The report singles out Serie A’s Parma, Genoa, and Sampdoria along with French duo Montpellier and Marseille as the Gunners’ main competition this winter.
His current contract at the San Siro runs through June of 2017.
Niang will no doubt struggle to get any playing time with Milan in the near future due to the return of Stephen El Shaarawy from injury and the impending arrival of Keisuke Honda.
He would, however, prove valuable cover at the thin striker and wing positions at Arsenal.
According to the talkSport report, Niang has a history in England, having been given a trial at Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham before he settled on signing professionally with AC Milan.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0