Dec 20, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
On the latest edition of PST Extra myself and Mike Prindiville discuss the hot topics in the Premier League before another intense weekend of action begins.
Following Tottenham Hotspurs decision to dispose of manager Andre Villas-Boas, former Blackburn Rovers and Spurs captain Tim Sherwood has been handed the reigns on an interim basis.
How will Sherwood fare against Southampton on Sunday? We break it down.
Plus, there’s the small matter of Arsenal vs. Chelsea on Monday, watch live on NBCSN at 3pm ET, as Jose Mourinho’s side can go top of the league if they beat the Gunners at the Emirates. Arsenal have had a grueling stretch of games and a massive London derby before the hectic festive period will be crucial.
We’ll be back with next edition of PST Extra in the New Year, so happy holidays from myself, Prindi and the team.
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 2
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season