Dec 21, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Bayern Munich made it official on Saturday, establishing itself as the world’ best club, making fairly fast work of Raja Casablanca to claim the FIFA Club World Cup crown.
Saturday’s 2-0 win at the Marrakech Stadium (home of Raja Casablanca) established Bayern as the first German club to win FIFA’s global trophy for a club side. Bayern can place the trophy alongside all its other hardware in this memorable year; the famous German club already has trophies in this calendar year from the Champions League, Bundesliga, German Cup and European Super Cup.
Highlights from Saturday’s final in Morocco:
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 5
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 11
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 9