Dec 21, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Bayern Munich made it official on Saturday, establishing itself as the world’ best club, making fairly fast work of Raja Casablanca to claim the FIFA Club World Cup crown.
Saturday’s 2-0 win at the Marrakech Stadium (home of Raja Casablanca) established Bayern as the first German club to win FIFA’s global trophy for a club side. Bayern can place the trophy alongside all its other hardware in this memorable year; the famous German club already has trophies in this calendar year from the Champions League, Bundesliga, German Cup and European Super Cup.
Highlights from Saturday’s final in Morocco:
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1