Dec 21, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Bayern Munich made it official on Saturday, establishing itself as the world’ best club, making fairly fast work of Raja Casablanca to claim the FIFA Club World Cup crown.
Saturday’s 2-0 win at the Marrakech Stadium (home of Raja Casablanca) established Bayern as the first German club to win FIFA’s global trophy for a club side. Bayern can place the trophy alongside all its other hardware in this memorable year; the famous German club already has trophies in this calendar year from the Champions League, Bundesliga, German Cup and European Super Cup.
Highlights from Saturday’s final in Morocco:
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 0
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 3
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 11
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6