Dec 21, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Bayern Munich made it official on Saturday, establishing itself as the world’ best club, making fairly fast work of Raja Casablanca to claim the FIFA Club World Cup crown.
Saturday’s 2-0 win at the Marrakech Stadium (home of Raja Casablanca) established Bayern as the first German club to win FIFA’s global trophy for a club side. Bayern can place the trophy alongside all its other hardware in this memorable year; the famous German club already has trophies in this calendar year from the Champions League, Bundesliga, German Cup and European Super Cup.
Highlights from Saturday’s final in Morocco:
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 0
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 3
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1