Dec 21, 2013, 7:03 AM EDT
Liverpool’s starlet has just extended his contract and will now remain at the club through 2018, on a reported £200,000 per week. Considering Suárez has 17 goals in 11 games, such a deal certainly seems worth it. On the whole, the Reds have knocked in 14 goals over their last three games, with their last victory an impressive 5-0 win at Tottenham. Is there any wonder that Brendan Rodgers is sticking with that exact side?
Can Cardiff cope with the Reds’ attacking prowess? The Bluebirds don’t have the worst defense in the league, but it’s not all that great, either. Still, the visitors will be hopeful that last week’s win over West Brom will provide some momentum to, at the very least, hold Liverpool to a draw. With that in mind, Malky Mackay has made just one switch, with Frazier Campbell dropping to the bench and midfielder Aron Gunnarsson stepping in.
Will Cardiff be able to put aside the off-field drama that’s surrounding the club and manage to contain Liverpool? Or will it be an easy win for the hosts?
Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez
Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Alberto, Aspas, Moses, Kelly
Cardiff City starting XI: Marshall, Theophile-Catherine, Taylor, Medel, Caulker, Turner, Odemwingie, Mutch, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Noone
Subs: Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Campbell, Kim, Cowie, John
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 2
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0
- Week 7 Preview: Fire look for first win vs. Revs; Dallas gets its crack at Toronto 0