Dec 21, 2013, 7:03 AM EDT
Liverpool’s starlet has just extended his contract and will now remain at the club through 2018, on a reported £200,000 per week. Considering Suárez has 17 goals in 11 games, such a deal certainly seems worth it. On the whole, the Reds have knocked in 14 goals over their last three games, with their last victory an impressive 5-0 win at Tottenham. Is there any wonder that Brendan Rodgers is sticking with that exact side?
Can Cardiff cope with the Reds’ attacking prowess? The Bluebirds don’t have the worst defense in the league, but it’s not all that great, either. Still, the visitors will be hopeful that last week’s win over West Brom will provide some momentum to, at the very least, hold Liverpool to a draw. With that in mind, Malky Mackay has made just one switch, with Frazier Campbell dropping to the bench and midfielder Aron Gunnarsson stepping in.
Will Cardiff be able to put aside the off-field drama that’s surrounding the club and manage to contain Liverpool? Or will it be an easy win for the hosts?
Liverpool starting XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez
Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Alberto, Aspas, Moses, Kelly
Cardiff City starting XI: Marshall, Theophile-Catherine, Taylor, Medel, Caulker, Turner, Odemwingie, Mutch, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Noone
Subs: Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Campbell, Kim, Cowie, John
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear