Dec 21, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Both Stoke and Aston Villa look to recover from losses to Manchester United when the sides meet at the Britannia Stadium (10 a.m. ET; watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The hosts are fresh from a mid-week loss to United, which knocked them out of the League Cup. In Premier League play, however, the Potters are doing just fine. Stoke are in 13th and are unbeaten in their last three, with one of those matches including a 3-2 victory over Chelsea.
Of course, that win was bracketed by two goalless draws, something Stoke are quite talent at: they’ve already had four this season. Villa have been involved in three such matches. Both sides are averaging about a goal apiece. And, with Christian Benteke still not able to score, Paul Lambert has kept the Belgian out of the lineup entirely. Instead, Andi Weimann and Libor Kozák will lead the line.
Give us your thoughts — is there any way this match will provide more than a goal apiece?
Stoke City: Begović, Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters, Walters, Nzonzi, Arnautović, Whelan, Assaidi, Crouch
Subs: Sorensen, Muniesa, Pennant, Palacios, Jones, Adam, Wilkinson
Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Herd, Baker, Westwood, Delph, Tonev, Albrighton, Weimann, Kozák
Subs: Steer, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Helenius, Luna, Bowery, Sylla
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0