Dec 21, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Both Stoke and Aston Villa look to recover from losses to Manchester United when the sides meet at the Britannia Stadium (10 a.m. ET; watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The hosts are fresh from a mid-week loss to United, which knocked them out of the League Cup. In Premier League play, however, the Potters are doing just fine. Stoke are in 13th and are unbeaten in their last three, with one of those matches including a 3-2 victory over Chelsea.
Of course, that win was bracketed by two goalless draws, something Stoke are quite talent at: they’ve already had four this season. Villa have been involved in three such matches. Both sides are averaging about a goal apiece. And, with Christian Benteke still not able to score, Paul Lambert has kept the Belgian out of the lineup entirely. Instead, Andi Weimann and Libor Kozák will lead the line.
Give us your thoughts — is there any way this match will provide more than a goal apiece?
Stoke City: Begović, Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters, Walters, Nzonzi, Arnautović, Whelan, Assaidi, Crouch
Subs: Sorensen, Muniesa, Pennant, Palacios, Jones, Adam, Wilkinson
Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Herd, Baker, Westwood, Delph, Tonev, Albrighton, Weimann, Kozák
Subs: Steer, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Helenius, Luna, Bowery, Sylla
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3