Dec 21, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
Hull City will try to improve on their dismal road record as they travel to The Hawthorns to take on West Bromwich Albion (10 a.m. ET; watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
Newly promoted Hull are hanging just fine in the Premier League, sitting in 12th, a rather comfortable six points above the drop zone. But Steve Bruce has a bit of a problem when it comes to road trips: his Tigers have picked up just four points away from home, and they’re one of the worst sides when it comes to conceding. Still, Bruce has named a lineup unchanged from the last outing, a goalless draw with Stoke.
Fortunately for the visitors, West Brom aren’t all that great at home (perhaps it’s a Midlands thing?). The Baggies have just two home wins thus far, along with two draws. Even more worryingly, Albion are now without a manager, with Steve Clarke getting the ax last week after the loss to Cardiff, a loss that capped a run of six games without a win. Assistant coach Keith Downing takes the reins for the first time, and he’s made three changes. First choice goalkeeper Ben Foster steps in for the first time since August, while James Morrison and Scott Sinclair replace Morgan Amalfitano and Claudio Yacob.
West Bromwich Albion: Foster, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Morrison, Brunt, Mulumbu, Sessegnon, Long, Sinclair
Subs: Myhill, Yacob, Lugano, Amalfitano, Vydra, Gera, Berahino
Hull City: McGregor, Chester, Bruce, Davies, Elmohamady, Figueroa, Livermore, Huddlestone, Meyler, Sagbo, Graham
Subs: Harper, Rosenior, Koren, Fryatt, McShane, Boyd, Faye
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 1
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 2
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0