Dec 22, 2013, 9:24 AM EDT
An extraneous spat between superstar Lionel Messi and Barcelona board member Javier Faus can thankfully be put to rest.
Messi’s father and agent has gone public to say any talk of Messi’s possible exit from the Camp Nou is premature and ridiculous.
“Barcelona fans must know that Lionel’s future is linked to this club,” Jorge Messi told Diario Ole.
“This chapter must be closed now, don’t seek anything more than a direct reply from Leo to the public declarations made by Mr. Faus.”
The elder Messi was responding to comments made by Faus stating the Barcelona vice-president of economics didn’t believe Messi deserved a wage raise.
Messi insists, however, that he never demanded a pay increase and that he is perfectly happy with his situation at the club.
His father agreed, pleading with the fans to let the spat go. “We don’t want any conflict with the club, nor with the president and certainly not with the fans,” Mr. Messi said.
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0
- MLS roundup: 20 goals in 4 games Saturday night — WATCH THEM ALL! 1