Dec 22, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
The Manchester United manager said no new strikers will be brought to Old Trafford this January transfer window.
“I would not say we are in desperate need of an out-and-out center-forward,” said Moyes. “We have got Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Chicharito (Hernandez), and Danny Welbeck. Shinji can play in behind as well, we are covered.”
Van Persie has missed five of United’s last six Premier League matches thanks to groin and hamstring injuries.
23-year-old Welbeck has four goals this season, but they only came in the form of two braces spread across 10 appearances.
Mexican striker Javier Hernandez has only played 301 minutes this season across eight appearances, with just one goal and no appearances where he lasted the full 90 minutes.
Wayne Rooney has carried the Red Devils attack this year, bagging eight goals and eight assists, but even he is without a score in his last three matches.
Manchester United also have young Wilfried Zaha waiting in the wings, who can play up front if necessary.
Moyes did say, however, that they will search for quality reinforcements.
“We will look,” Moyes added. “But I wouldn’t turn around and say that I’m massively sure that we will get them, because a lot of the players we would be interested in wouldn’t be available for us in that month of January. But we’ll certainly be looking.”
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 0
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s