Dec 22, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
The Manchester United manager said no new strikers will be brought to Old Trafford this January transfer window.
“I would not say we are in desperate need of an out-and-out center-forward,” said Moyes. “We have got Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Chicharito (Hernandez), and Danny Welbeck. Shinji can play in behind as well, we are covered.”
Van Persie has missed five of United’s last six Premier League matches thanks to groin and hamstring injuries.
23-year-old Welbeck has four goals this season, but they only came in the form of two braces spread across 10 appearances.
Mexican striker Javier Hernandez has only played 301 minutes this season across eight appearances, with just one goal and no appearances where he lasted the full 90 minutes.
Wayne Rooney has carried the Red Devils attack this year, bagging eight goals and eight assists, but even he is without a score in his last three matches.
Manchester United also have young Wilfried Zaha waiting in the wings, who can play up front if necessary.
Moyes did say, however, that they will search for quality reinforcements.
“We will look,” Moyes added. “But I wouldn’t turn around and say that I’m massively sure that we will get them, because a lot of the players we would be interested in wouldn’t be available for us in that month of January. But we’ll certainly be looking.”
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 2014 MLS Season: Hoping & Fearing with Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla