Dec 23, 2013, 6:55 PM EST
Brian Ching spent almost his entire playing career with the same organization – even if the organization relocated halfway across our big land midway through the man’s career. Either way, he’s a Dynamo man through and through.
And it that it will remain that way.
Ching is the recently retired, former U.S. international who is Houston’s all-time leading scorer. He was a big element of the Dynamo championship teams in 2006 and 2007 and a supporting piece of the teams that made it to the MLS Cup final in 2011 and 2012. He had made
The Hawaii native had been a willing ambassador and the interest seemed mutual of having Ching move into the Dynamo front office upon his retirement at the end of the 2013 MLS season.
Today we know of Ching’s capacity as he moves into the next career phase:
The 35-year-old has been named managing director of the Houston Dash, the newest National Women’s Soccer League. The club, which will play its inaugural NWSL season in 2014 (the season begins in April), will be run by the Dynamo.
Ching will apparently be more than a day-to-day front office manager; he will also attempt to gin up sales and awareness by making himself publicly available as the face of the organization.
First up, finding a coach for the team and then preparing for the expansion draft, tentatively set for January.
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: Real Salt Lake 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 8
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3