Dec 23, 2013, 9:09 AM EDT
Gary Lineker will join Everton and US Men’s National Team goalkeeper Tim Howard to host NBCSN’s first live on-site Premier League studio coverage for today’s match between Arsenal and Chelsea.
The special edition of Premier League Live kicks off today at 2:00 pm ET and will feature match commentators Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux as well as Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle and Kyle Martino from NBC Sports Group’s International Broadcast Center in Stamford, Connecticut.
Lineker and Howard will anchor on-location coverage from Emirates Stadium in North London where third-place Arsenal take on fifth-place Chelsea.
The on-site event marks Day 3 of “The 12 Days of Premier League,” where from Saturday, December 21st, through New Year’s Day, January 1st, NBC Sports Group provides live coverage of 40 matches.
Lineker, the former star of Leicester City, Everton, Barcelona and Tottenham, is no stranger to NBC’s coverage of the Premier League, appearing weekly as a special contributor in Premier League Goal Zone and Match of the Day.
Since retiring from the game in 1994, the former England international has enjoyed a stunning career as a pundit, and later, presenter, in a number of BBC football programs, including the UK version of Match of the Day.
Monday’s on-site studio show is the latest broadcast endeavor that Howard will be taking on, having already joined White in calling Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Manchester City on October 27th and Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-2 draw with Manchester United on December 1st.
Monday’s on-site show comes just one day after Howard led Everton to a 2-1 win over Swansea City, vaulting his side into the Premier League’s Top 4. With just 16 goals conceded over a 17 match span Everton boasts the best defense in the league, a feat made possible by the stunning form of Howard who, at 34-years-young, is arguably playing the best soccer of his career.
With Premier League Live beginning at 2:00pm ET and Arsenal v. Chelsea kicking off an hour later, Monday promises to be a very special third day in “The 12 Days of Premier League.” All programming can be seen live on NBCSN and, as always, the match will be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 4
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 0
- Two from Diego Costa help Atlético Madrid cruise past Milan in Champions League, 4-1 (5-1, agg.) 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 1 0
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers