Dec 23, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux break talk about Monday’s Premier League draw in North London, where Arsenal and Chelsea went scoreless for 90 minutes. Why?
First, it was classic Jose Mourinho stuff, picking a lineup for Chelsea that left his top creator (Juan Mata) on the bench and then digging in for an evening of old-fashioned, blood-and-guts defending.
The NBCSN pair also site Monday’s great conditions – well, “great” if you’re an osprey, but maybe not so much for the rest of us – and Mike Dean’s refereeing decisions, as the man in the middle chose to look the other way on some bookable offenses.
White and Le Saux break it down here:
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes