Dec 26, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Without a win in six Premier League games, Cardiff must’ve thought this would be a good time to play Southampton… think again.
The Saints are flying at half time, as they raced into a 3-0 lead at the Cardiff City Stadium.
Southampton went ahead in the 13th minute when Jay Rodriguez grabbed his first. The England winger ghosted in at the back post to finish coolly after Adam Lallana had set him up perfectly with a sublime through ball.
Six minutes later it was 2-0 to the Saints, and that man Rodriguez bagged another after Rickie Lambert‘s pinpoint ball again found Rodriguez at the back post and he finished calmly to send the South Coast club into dreamland.
A few minutes later it was 3-0 to the Saints as Lambert pounced in the box to volley home and score Saints’ third goal in 13 minutes.
How many will the Saints score? Will Cardiff launch a massive comeback?
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5