Dec 26, 2013, 10:56 AM EDT
Without a win in six Premier League games, Cardiff must’ve thought this would be a good time to play Southampton… think again.
The Saints are flying at half time, as they raced into a 3-0 lead at the Cardiff City Stadium.
Southampton went ahead in the 13th minute when Jay Rodriguez grabbed his first. The England winger ghosted in at the back post to finish coolly after Adam Lallana had set him up perfectly with a sublime through ball.
Six minutes later it was 2-0 to the Saints, and that man Rodriguez bagged another after Rickie Lambert‘s pinpoint ball again found Rodriguez at the back post and he finished calmly to send the South Coast club into dreamland.
A few minutes later it was 3-0 to the Saints as Lambert pounced in the box to volley home and score Saints’ third goal in 13 minutes.
How many will the Saints score? Will Cardiff launch a massive comeback?
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 1
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 7
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4