Dec 26, 2013, 10:56 AM EST
Without a win in six Premier League games, Cardiff must’ve thought this would be a good time to play Southampton… think again.
The Saints are flying at half time, as they raced into a 3-0 lead at the Cardiff City Stadium.
Southampton went ahead in the 13th minute when Jay Rodriguez grabbed his first. The England winger ghosted in at the back post to finish coolly after Adam Lallana had set him up perfectly with a sublime through ball.
Six minutes later it was 2-0 to the Saints, and that man Rodriguez bagged another after Rickie Lambert‘s pinpoint ball again found Rodriguez at the back post and he finished calmly to send the South Coast club into dreamland.
A few minutes later it was 3-0 to the Saints as Lambert pounced in the box to volley home and score Saints’ third goal in 13 minutes.
How many will the Saints score? Will Cardiff launch a massive comeback?
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 0
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 2
- Liverpool’s Rodgers disturbed at Premier League scheduling around Europa League 5
- Europa League preview: Second legs prompt excitement (and extra security) 0