Dec 26, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
It may well have been a Merry Christmas for Tim Howard and Everton as they sat inside the top four after s superb run of form…
But Boxing Day isn’t going well at all.
In the 22nd minute disaster struck as Howard was sent off after he played a short ball to Leon Osman on the dge of his own box from a goal kick. Osman was caught in possession by Sunderland’s midfielder Ki, and as the Korean ran in on goal Howard brought him down and was handed a red card by Lee Probert.
Joel Robles then replaced Osman, as the Spanish ‘keepers first act was to face Ki’s penalty but the Sunderland man stroked the ball just past Robles’ outstretched right hand to put the Black Cats up 1-0.
Everton have dug themselves a massive whole to get out of.
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 0
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 0
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0