Dec 26, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
It may well have been a Merry Christmas for Tim Howard and Everton as they sat inside the top four after s superb run of form…
But Boxing Day isn’t going well at all.
In the 22nd minute disaster struck as Howard was sent off after he played a short ball to Leon Osman on the dge of his own box from a goal kick. Osman was caught in possession by Sunderland’s midfielder Ki, and as the Korean ran in on goal Howard brought him down and was handed a red card by Lee Probert.
Joel Robles then replaced Osman, as the Spanish ‘keepers first act was to face Ki’s penalty but the Sunderland man stroked the ball just past Robles’ outstretched right hand to put the Black Cats up 1-0.
Everton have dug themselves a massive whole to get out of.
- Sepp Blatter wins first vote 133-73, but not by enough to avoid second vote 1
- FA Cup final preview: Aston Villa underdogs in Arsenal’s pursuit of back-to-back cups 0
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Player of the Season 3
- Al-Hussein, Blatter address voters ahead of presidential election; First vote coming 5
- U-20 World Cup preview: The groups, the favorites, USA outlook and the game’s future stars 3