Dec 26, 2013, 9:32 AM EST
After a tumultuous last few months at the Cardiff City Stadium, Malky Makcay is still in charge and owner Vincent Tan seems to have stepped off his high horse and forgotten about sacking the hugely popular manager.
Mackay has steered Cardiff to the top-flight and despite doing a sterling job he’s under intense pressure. Throw in the fact that the Bluebirds have only won twice in their last 10 games.
Mauricio Pochettino‘s Southampton haven’t won in six and a spade of injuries has seriously halted their superb early season form. The Saints sit in ninth, but with a few faces nearing a return, expect another good spell on the horizon.
Saints welcome back Luke Shaw, Jose Fonte and Maya Yoshida to the lineup as their injury worries are easing slightly. But Croatian international Dejan Lovren misses out, as does Italian striker Daniel Osvaldo through suspension.
Cardiff City: Marshall, Taylor, Caulker, Turner, Theophile-Catherine; Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Mutch, Noone; Odemwingie, Campbell
Subs: Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Kim, Cowie, Maynard, John
Southampton: Gazzaniga, Chambers, Fonte, Yoshida, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert.
Subs: K. Davis, Ramírez, Fox, Ward-Prowse, Hooiveld, Reed, Gallagher
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0