Dec 26, 2013, 9:37 AM EDT
It’s been just three days since Chelsea battled Arsenal to a goalless draw, but the Blues are back at it again, hosting Swansea at Stamford Bridge (10 a.m. ET; watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The real question is, will José Mourinho call this Swansea side boring? Well, Michael Landrup’s side like to play it conservatively on the road, but who doesn’t? The thing is, the Swans can pull it off, rarely conceding on their travels. Of course, being without first-choice goalkeeper Michel Vorm won’t help much. And with the news that Michu will be out for six weeks, and Nathan Dyer missing with injury, it’s tough to imagine the visitors putting many goals in the back of the net.
Chelsea haven’t lost since November 2nd, when they fell to Newcastle. But Swansea are boosted by the fact that Mourinho is already thinking ahead to Sunday, when the Blues take on Liverpool, currently sitting first. That means a few changes to the squad, including Fernando Torres making way for Samuel Eto’o. All in all there are five changes to the Chelsea side that drew at Arsenal, with Juan Mata also coming in, and Ashley Cole making a rare appearance.
Subs: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Lampard, Schurrle, Willian, Torres
Swansea: Tremmel, Rangel, Amat, Williams, Taylor, Britton, Canas, Shelvey, Pozuelo, Routledge, Vazquez
Subs: Zabret, Flores, Bony, Hernandez, Tiendalli, de Guzaman, Davies
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 0
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4