Dec 26, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
On Monday Tottenham handed Tim Sherwood the head coaching position on a permanent basis, after the former Spurs captain impressed during his time in charge on an interim basis.
Now he must kick start Tottenham’s season, as managerless West Brom arrive at White Hart Lane.
Caretaker boss Keith Downing saw his team battle to a 1-1 draw against Hull, following Steve Clarke‘s surprise dismissal as boss before Christmas. The Baggies haven’t won in their last seven and have lost four of the last five, as a new man at the helm still seems far off.
As for team news, Sherwood makes two changes to the side that beat Southampton as Holtby and Chadli come in for Lamela and Dembele.
Tottenham: Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Chadli, Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Adebayor, Soldado
Subs: Friedel, Fredericks, Naughton, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Capoue, Lamela
West Brom: Foster, Lugano, Olsson, Dawson, Reid, Amalfitano, Yacob, Morrison, Ridgewell, Gera, Vydra
Subs: Myhill, McAuley, Brunt, Sessegnon, Sinclair, Berahino, Mulumbu
- Next step: Las Vegas soccer stadium moves forward, but there’s a catch 1
- Lionel Messi heading to PSG, Chelsea? Not so fast, say Barcelona 1
- $88 million Edinson Cavani linked to Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United 3
- Europa League Preview: Everton head to Russia, Spurs host Besiktas 0
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 6