Dec 27, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Four of the remaining Champions League clubs are linked in this Friday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup… to each other.
French newspaper Le Parisien is reporting that Paris St-Germain is weighing up a move to trigger Lionel Messi’s 250 million Euro out clause from Barcelona. That price tag would add up to nearly four times the price they paid for Edinson Cavani this summer and certainly make Les-Rouges-Et-Bleu one of the Champions League’s favorites during their run. What would Laurent Blanc do with Messi, Cavani and Zlatan Ibrahimovic all in his stable?
Financial Fair Play, huh?
If Manchester United wants dynamic Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus, it’s going to cost them 40 million pounds, according to the Daily Mail. Reus, 24, would be the second high profile Black and Yellow star to skip town after Mario Gotze left for Bayern Munich in the summer.
MLSSoccer.com: Is MLS really a destination for both Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole? And would Raul really consider coming to the NASL? Meanwhile. could 34-year-old Fred find his way back to MLS? Who would be interested?
- Premier League Title Watch: Liverpool inches closer 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester City v. West Brom 0
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1