Dec 27, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Stand by, everyone. Juan Agudelo may indeed be heading back to Europe.
With his tweet tonight of “Bout to get back on my grind real soon. #newteam #Europe” all of a sudden speculation flies about what exactly is going to happen in Agudelo’s near future.
The 21-year-old’s move to Stoke City this winter was supposedly nixed by a failed appeal for a work permit, but there’s now a possibility that’s back on.
The #newteam is quite ambiguous as is #Europe, so there’s also the possibility a new move has come to pass, either in England or beyond.
Many USMNT fans will be quite happy with the potential news. Agudelo had successful spurts with the New England Revolution, ending with seven goals after a midseason move from Chivas USA, but overall his last few MLS seasons have been underwhelming, and a change of scenery is in order.
The rejection of Agudelo’s work permit came as a shock to many, including those in charge at Stoke City, so if he is to make his way to the Britannia, it will be a big boost to Mark Hughes’ squad.
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 0
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 1
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2