Dec 27, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Stand by, everyone. Juan Agudelo may indeed be heading back to Europe.
With his tweet tonight of “Bout to get back on my grind real soon. #newteam #Europe” all of a sudden speculation flies about what exactly is going to happen in Agudelo’s near future.
The 21-year-old’s move to Stoke City this winter was supposedly nixed by a failed appeal for a work permit, but there’s now a possibility that’s back on.
The #newteam is quite ambiguous as is #Europe, so there’s also the possibility a new move has come to pass, either in England or beyond.
Many USMNT fans will be quite happy with the potential news. Agudelo had successful spurts with the New England Revolution, ending with seven goals after a midseason move from Chivas USA, but overall his last few MLS seasons have been underwhelming, and a change of scenery is in order.
The rejection of Agudelo’s work permit came as a shock to many, including those in charge at Stoke City, so if he is to make his way to the Britannia, it will be a big boost to Mark Hughes’ squad.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week (VIDEO) 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0