Dec 28, 2013, 3:27 PM EST
What a strange time this is at Cardiff City, where the owner is at war with the fans (or something close to it), and where the strangeness of it all just keeps multiplying.
If you believe this increasingly kooky series of events could not glide any further off the rails, try this one, lifted directly from the theater of the bizarre: the owner, Vincent Tan, appeared to boo his players after they gave up a two-goal lead, drawing at home with Sunderland in the hours after popular manager Malky Mackay was dismissed in a move described by Tan as “regretfully necessary.”
So you be the judge: is Tan, seen here in the maddening aftermath of Saturday’s draw at home, booing as he leaves the owner’s box?
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0