Dec 28, 2013, 9:38 AM EDT
A draw at the KC Stadium might be enough to lift Fulham out of the relegation zone, but the visitors would sure like to take all three points from Hull City on Saturday (10 a.m. ET; watch live online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The bottom of the Premier League table is so tight this season that Fulham, in 18th, could nearly reach Hull, in 12th, with a win. And after their comeback 2-1 victory against Norwich on Boxing Day, the Cottagers just might have the confidence to emerge victorious. But their defense remains a problem, with Fulham having leaked 35 goals, the highest in the league. Losing goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg to injury certainly can’t be helping in that department.
Hull are fortunate in that respect. Despite Alan McGregor being forced to leave the Manchester United match with injury, he’s back in the starting lineup to face Fulham. Steve Bruce has made three changes, however, with Liam Rosenior, Robert Koren and George Boyd all coming in.
René Meulensteen, meanwhile, has made five changes to the side that beat the Canaries. Hugo Rodallega makes his first start this season, while goalscorer Pajtim Kasami retains his starting spot. Scott Parker, who scored the second, misses out completely.
Hull City: McGregor, Chester, Davies, Rosenior, Figueroa, Huddlestone, Livermore, Elmohamady, Boyd, Koren, Sagbo
Subs: Harper, Bruce, Faye, McShane, Meyler, Fryatt, Graham
Fulham: Stockdale; Zverotic, Hughes, Amorebieta, Riise; Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kasami; Ruiz; Rodallega
Subs: Bettinelli, Kacaniklic, Richardson, Boateng, Riether, David, Bent
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1
- David Moyes vilified on return to Everton, as Manchester United nightmare continues 1
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Toffees rampant in miserable return for Moyes 1
- Miami mayor hits back at Beckham stadium critics 4