Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
On Saturday at the Etihad, Manchester City host Crystal Palace (watch live on NBCSN at 10am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) knowing a win will send them top of the Premier League.
Arsenal do not play until Sunday, so Manuel Pellegrini knows a tenth straight home win for his side will see them go two points clear at the summit.
But they’re facing a stubborn Palace side, who have won three of their last six and kept five clean sheets in their last five. Tony Pulis‘ men are certainly adapting to life in the top flight but they haven’t won away at City since 1990.
In team news City use their massive squad wisely as Matija Nastasic, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, James Milner, Javi Garcia and Edin Dzeko come into the starting lineup. While five who started the win over Liverpool drop to the bench.
As for Palace, they stick with the same starting lineup that beat Aston Villa 1-0 on Boxing Day.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Parr, Ward, Jedinak, Bannan, Puncheon, Bolasie, Jerome. Subs: Price, Moxey, Campana, Jonny Williams, Phillips, Gayle, Chamakh.
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6