Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
On Saturday at the Etihad, Manchester City host Crystal Palace (watch live on NBCSN at 10am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) knowing a win will send them top of the Premier League.
Arsenal do not play until Sunday, so Manuel Pellegrini knows a tenth straight home win for his side will see them go two points clear at the summit.
But they’re facing a stubborn Palace side, who have won three of their last six and kept five clean sheets in their last five. Tony Pulis‘ men are certainly adapting to life in the top flight but they haven’t won away at City since 1990.
In team news City use their massive squad wisely as Matija Nastasic, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, James Milner, Javi Garcia and Edin Dzeko come into the starting lineup. While five who started the win over Liverpool drop to the bench.
As for Palace, they stick with the same starting lineup that beat Aston Villa 1-0 on Boxing Day.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Parr, Ward, Jedinak, Bannan, Puncheon, Bolasie, Jerome. Subs: Price, Moxey, Campana, Jonny Williams, Phillips, Gayle, Chamakh.
- VIDEO: “I Was There” visits LA Blues and LA Red Army for Chelsea’s win over United 0
- VIDEO: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller grabs megaphone, leads fans’ celebrations 3
- Bayern Munich 6-1 (7-4, agg.) FC Porto: Bayern obliterate Porto to reach UCL semifinal 2
- Barcelona 2-0 (5-1, agg.) Paris Saint-Germain: Neymar brace eases Barca into Champions League semifinals 0
- FOLLOW LIVE – Champions League: Bayern Munich, PSG aim to overturn 3-1 deficits to Barcelona, FC Porto 0
- Chris Smalling signs new Manchester United contract through 2019 0