Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
On Saturday at the Etihad, Manchester City host Crystal Palace (watch live on NBCSN at 10am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) knowing a win will send them top of the Premier League.
Arsenal do not play until Sunday, so Manuel Pellegrini knows a tenth straight home win for his side will see them go two points clear at the summit.
But they’re facing a stubborn Palace side, who have won three of their last six and kept five clean sheets in their last five. Tony Pulis‘ men are certainly adapting to life in the top flight but they haven’t won away at City since 1990.
In team news City use their massive squad wisely as Matija Nastasic, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, James Milner, Javi Garcia and Edin Dzeko come into the starting lineup. While five who started the win over Liverpool drop to the bench.
As for Palace, they stick with the same starting lineup that beat Aston Villa 1-0 on Boxing Day.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Parr, Ward, Jedinak, Bannan, Puncheon, Bolasie, Jerome. Subs: Price, Moxey, Campana, Jonny Williams, Phillips, Gayle, Chamakh.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0
- So much for bad hamstrings, Costa states he’s ready for Spain selection 0
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0