Dec 28, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
On Saturday at the Etihad, Manchester City host Crystal Palace (watch live on NBCSN at 10am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) knowing a win will send them top of the Premier League.
Arsenal do not play until Sunday, so Manuel Pellegrini knows a tenth straight home win for his side will see them go two points clear at the summit.
But they’re facing a stubborn Palace side, who have won three of their last six and kept five clean sheets in their last five. Tony Pulis‘ men are certainly adapting to life in the top flight but they haven’t won away at City since 1990.
In team news City use their massive squad wisely as Matija Nastasic, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, James Milner, Javi Garcia and Edin Dzeko come into the starting lineup. While five who started the win over Liverpool drop to the bench.
As for Palace, they stick with the same starting lineup that beat Aston Villa 1-0 on Boxing Day.
Crystal Palace: Speroni, Mariappa, Gabbidon, Delaney, Parr, Ward, Jedinak, Bannan, Puncheon, Bolasie, Jerome. Subs: Price, Moxey, Campana, Jonny Williams, Phillips, Gayle, Chamakh.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0